The aim of the REPHRAIN Ethics Board is to oversee and promote the highest standards of ethics and integrity in all aspects of REPHRAIN’s research.
Conducting research to the highest ethical standard – with robust oversight procedures – will be critical to the success of REPHRAIN in addressing its three missions to deliver socio-technical advances for protecting citizens online.
REPHRAIN places ethical oversight centrally to its research processes, establishing an independent ethical review process to review all research conducted as part of the Centre (both core and commissioned).
The Board operates under the principles set out in UUK’s Concordat to Support Research Integrity, and will further adhere to the UKRI/ESRC core principles for ethical research.
The Ethics process follows two-stages
- All researchers need to secure ethical approval from their appropriate institutional research ethics committee before applying to the REPHRAIN Ethics Board.
- Where a project does not ordinarily require ethical review at a host institution (e.g., desk research, secondary data analysis), please submit to the REPHRAIN Ethics Board directly.
Ethics Board – Membership and Appointment of Chair
- 1 member from the Strategic Board
- 1 member from the Principal Investigators in the Centre
- 2 independent academic members
- 1 lay member
- 1 independent academic Chair
Corinne May-Chahal (Chair) – University of Lancaster
Ewa Luger – University of Edinburgh
David Ellis – University of Bath
Asma Vranaki – University of Bristol
Ingolf Becker – University College London
Yvonne Rigby – University of Bristol
Pam Cowburn – Fair Trials
Robert Schultz-Graham (Secretariat) – University of Bristol
All meetings are subject to change – please check back regularly for updates.
27 July 2021 – 14.00
26 October 2021 – 14.00
Please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ethics Approval Process (to follow)
Resources folder (to follow)